Ms. Miller advises employers and individuals about many aspects of employment and labor law. Ms. Miller advises clients about ADA, ADEA, breach of contract, defamation, FMLA, FLSA, non-compete contracts, Title VII, trade secret cases, and wrongful discharge.
Ms. Miller also helps employers comply with ERISA, employee benefits, employment and severance agreements, executive compensation, and personnel policies.
Ms. Miller is well-known for her skill as an attorney in employment and labor law. Her clients include employers in many industries, such as banking, hospitality, major industrial, retail, service, health care, and technology.
Ms. Miller’s experience extends to:
- Antidiscrimination, non-retaliation, and whistleblower laws (both federal and state)
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Employee agreements, compensation and benefits, and discipline and termination
- Investigations and audits state agencies such as the Utah Labor Commission and Utah Department of Workforce Services. On a federal level, investigations and audits for the following: the Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division; Department of Labor; Employee Benefits Security Administration; Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Labor-management relations, including arbitrations, collective bargaining agreements, contract administration, negotiation and execution of and planning for maintaining or regaining nonunion status representation hearings, and proceedings for unfair labor practices
- Leave laws for federal and state employee
- Minimum wage and overtime requirements as described by the federal Fair Labor Standards Act
- Non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements
- Occupational safety and health
- Personnel policies and employment handbooks
- Preservation and protection of trade secrets, intellectual property, and confidential information
- Prevailing wage requirements for the U.S. government.
- Screening, hiring, and training employees